Health Tip: Walk at Work
And ask a colleague to join you
URL of this page: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_125588.html(*this news item will not be available after 08/23/2012)
Friday, May 25, 2012
The American Council on Exercise mentions these suggestions:
- Skip the coffee/smoke break and ask a co-worker to join you for a 15-minute walk.
- If you have a regular one-to-one meeting with a co-worker, make it a walking meeting.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator, and see how many co-workers will join you.
- Start up a workplace walking group to walk on breaks, during lunch and after work.
- Visit a bookstore, gallery or museum for a stroll.